Research Associate Immunology
AstriVax is a privately held spin-off company from the KU Leuven, founded mid 2022 with a seed round of €30 million to bring our ambition to the next level. We are building a first in class Plug & Play vaccine platform with a patented DNA based technology that launches self-amplifying live attenuated viruses on which additional targets can be added. The versatile technology of AstriVax can be used to develop a wide range of vaccines to prevent and treat infectious diseases, up to potential applications in oncology. We aim to address major challenges in vaccinology by developing novel vaccines that are single dose (game changing in vaccine landscape), easy to produce and with reduced cold chain requirements. The live attenuated viruses being launched from our products induce a polyfunctional immune response which has the potential to address many unmet medical need targets.
We are currently hiring a Research Associate Immunology.
As Research Associate you perform the daily research activities to analyse the mechanism of action of and the immune responses generated by the company’s Plasmid Launched Live Attenuated Virus (PLLAV) vector.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Develop and perform a wide variety of immunological assays, such as ELISPOT, flow cytometry, ELISA, multiplex cytokine assays.
- Participate in and contribute to experimental design, protocol and SOP generation for in vitro and in vivo studies.
- Work closely with internal and external collaborators.
- Manage and organize day-to-day operation within a laboratory setting.
Bachelor or Master degree in Biomedical sciences/ Biochemistry/Biology/Biomedical laboratory technology or equivalent through working experience.
- At least 5 years of practical lab experience in immunological assays.
- Hands-on experience with aseptical sample handling and (primary) cell culture is required.
- Experience in design of experiments and autonomous execution.
- FELASA accreditation and hands-on experience with in vivo animal models are preferred.
- Good working knowledge of English.
- Curious and eager to learn.
- Strong sense for details and critical mind.
- Trustful execution and reliable reporting.
- A real collaborative Team player with a hands-on can do and solution-oriented attitude.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
A stimulating, open and collaborative environment where every employee can make an impact. We believe that we can only achieve our goal if we work together. You’ll be part of a passionate and inspiring team that goes the extra mile to address major challenges in vaccinology. We foster a culture of learning, entrepreneurship and innovation. Together we build the company.
Are you in for this new professional challenge? Pease send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, we welcome your talent!