Research Associate Molecular Biology
AstriVax is a privately held spin-off company from the KU Leuven, founded mid 2022 with a seed round of €30 million to bring our ambition to the next level. We are building a first in class Plug & Play vaccine platform with a patented DNA based technology that launches self-amplifying live attenuated viruses on which additional targets can be added. The versatile technology of AstriVax can be used to develop a wide range of vaccines to prevent and treat infectious diseases, up to potential applications in oncology. We aim to address major challenges in vaccinology by developing novel vaccines that are single dose (game changing in vaccine landscape), easy to produce and with reduced cold chain requirements. The live attenuated viruses being launched from our products induce a polyfunctional immune response which has the potential to address many unmet medical need targets.
We are currently hiring a Research Associate Molecular Biology.
As Research Associate you perform the daily research activities in the molecular biology laboratory to generate and analyse the company’s Plasmid Launched Live Attenuated Virus (PLLAV) vectors.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Cloning activities to generate PLLAV plasmids.
- Evaluate the performance of the vectors in small scale cultures.
- Purification of plasmids.
- Perform biological activity assays and a detailed characterization of the plasmid DNA quality by a wide variety of assays.
- Participate in the strategy of new vector development.
- Primary contact with lab and equipment suppliers.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Biotechnology/Bioengineering/Biomedical laboratory technology or equivalent working experience.
- At least 5 years of practical lab experience in molecular biology.
- Broad practical knowledge of cloning strategies and techniques & DNA analysis techniques.
- Experience in design of experiments and autonomous execution.
- Experience in bacteriology, cell culture and/or bio-assays is an asset.
- Good working knowledge of English.
- Curious and eager to learn.
- Strong sense for details and critical mind.
- Trustful execution and reliable reporting.
- A real Team player with a CAN DO and solution-oriented attitude.
What do we offer
A stimulating, open and collaborative environment where every employee can make an impact. We believe that we can only achieve our goal if we work together. You’ll be part of a passionate and inspiring team that goes the extra mile to address major challenges in vaccinology. We foster a culture of learning, entrepreneurship and innovation. Together we build the company.
Are you in for this new professional challenge? Pease send your CV to email@example.com, we welcome your talent!