Scientist molecular & cell biology
AstriVax is a privately held spin-off company from the KU Leuven, founded mid 2022 with a seed round of €30 million to bring our ambition to the next level. We are building a first in class Plug & Play vaccine platform with a patented DNA based technology that launches self-amplifying live attenuated viruses on which additional targets can be added. The versatile technology of AstriVax can be used to develop a wide range of vaccines to prevent and treat infectious diseases, up to potential applications in oncology. We aim to address major challenges in vaccinology by developing novel vaccines that are single dose (game changing in vaccine landscape), easy to produce and with reduced cold chain requirements. The live attenuated viruses being launched from our products induce a polyfunctional immune response which has the potential to address many unmet medical need targets.
We are currently hiring a Scientist molecular & cell biology.
As Scientist you independently design, execute and report in the context of projects in the molecular biology and virology laboratory focusing on the development and optimization of the company’s Plasmid Launched Live Attenuated Virus (PLLAV) vectors.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Combine literature research and own creativity to design new PLLAV vectors.
- Generate and evaluate PLLAV vectors performance.
- Purification and characterization of plasmid DNA quality by a variety of assays.
- Develop bacterial PLLAV fermentation.
- Study the launching of Live Attenuated Virus (LAV) and expression of antigens from PLLAV vectors in cellular assays.
- Design, implement and optimize new assays to characterize the biology of new PLLAV vectors.
- Supervising Research Associates of the PLLAV development team.
- Work closely with internal and external collaborators.
- Master degree in Biotechnology/Bioengineering/Biochemistry/Biomedical sciences or equivalent working experience and/or PhD in one of these research fields.
- At least 5 years of practical lab experience in molecular and cellular biology.
- Broad practical knowledge of cloning strategies, DNA analysis techniques and mammalian cell culturing.
- Experience in design of experiments and autonomous execution.
- Experience in bacteriology, and/or bio-assays is an asset.
- Good working knowledge of English.
- Creative, curious and eager to learn.
- Strong sense for details and critical mind.
- Trustful execution and reliable reporting.
- Good communication and mentoring skills.
- A real Team player with a CAN DO and solution-oriented attitude.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
A stimulating, open and collaborative environment where every employee can make an impact. We believe that we can only achieve our goal if we work together. You’ll be part of a passionate and inspiring team that goes the extra mile to address major challenges in vaccinology. We foster a culture of learning, entrepreneurship and innovation. Together we build the company.
Are you in for this new professional challenge? Pease send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, we welcome your talent!